Amp Setup Instructions
Set up your car audio amp for great performance
Avoiding harmful clipping signals by following these easy instructions:
1. Set LPF to 100-125.
2. Set Subsonic to 30-35.
3. Set master/slave switch to “Master”.
4. Set the gain on the amp to the minimum (all the way to the left).
5. Install the remote gain and turn 1/2 way up to the midpoint on the dial.
6. All equalizer settings and bass controls on the head unit to “0”. Alpine HU’s subwoofer up on some models needs to be turned up.
7. Turn head unit volume to 3/4 and insert an audio CD. At this time you will have no output because the gain on the amp is set to “0”.
8. Slowly turn the gain on the amp until the clipping indicator on the remote starts to flicker as the dynamics in the music change. Do not allow the the clipping indicator to glow solid or flicker continuously on constant music or stay red on transients. This will lead to a burnt voice coil.
We hope these instructions help you setup your amp quickly and correctly to begin enjoying a better listening experience!